1. i was born in butte, montana
2. i was born on my dad’s 41st birthday
3. i grew up in a small mining town in north central utah [that’s where it is in the new life elevated tourist guide anyway]
4. i can’t swim
5. i like cereal for dinner
6. i am hopelessly hooked on general hospital [again after a 20 year hiatus]
7. i have about 185 movies in my netflix queue
8. i have a serious crush on robert downey jr. [some may think it is an obsession]
9. fall is my favorite time of year, i hope it lasts until christmas eve
10. it took me 32 years to finish college, but i did it!
11. kathleen the evil barr slutt is my alter ego
12. i don’t buy cheap shoes
13. i don’t drink cheap booze and/or beer
14. three day weekends are better with monday off rather than friday…
15. i absolutely hate the whole concept of daylight saving time
16. i don’t exercise enough and i have no motivation to do so at this point in time
17. with the expert tutelage of my friend jess last week, i put another 512 mb of ram in my computer in under 5 minutes tonight
18. i got carded for beer tonight by a kid that was barely old enough to sell it to me, not too bad considering i am probably old enough to be his grandmother [at least in utah]. [upon further consideration i bet he just barely turned however old you have to be to sell beer in a grocery store in utah and that was the first 6 pack of beer he had ever sold and he was going to ask for i.d. no matter what!]
19. most of my male friends will not help me do any sort of home improvement project because they know i can do it myself, they do give advice, but no actual hands on help
20. i had braces on my teeth when i was in my 30’s and boy was i a bitch at work!
21. after my very last college class, i came home to study for my last final and the phone rang, it was my doctor calling to tell me i had cancer [that was 7 years ago] [be sure to always always go to have yearly check ups!! no excuses]
22. i really really hate it when you are stopped at a stop sign waiting for traffic to clear and someone pulls up in your line of site and blocks your view. i was here first arsehole!
23. i have two stuffed bears, one panda, one teddy, they are 56 years old and still in pretty damned good shape, i got them for my first birthday, have photo to prove it. when i was 51 i had photo taken of the bears and i, it was their 50th after all…
24. i have never owned an vehicle with an automatic transmission. actually, i can’t even drive a car with an automatic transmission
25. i hate everything walmart
26. only 10 more to go!
27. my massive computer skills are all self taught
28. my favorite books are what i call ‘killer / slasher’
29. i sleep like a dead person. flat on my back. same position for hours…. i woke up yesterday morning and my arm was so sound asleep i could not even move it. couldn’t bend my fingers enough to get the blood flowing back into my hand ~ it was creepy
30. i would rather clean the toilet than wash silverware….
31. i still use a dictionary to look up how to spell a word [mostly when it is so bad that spell check is thinking WTF???]
32. the top of utah marathon runs down my street, [my house used to be at mile 22, but they have changed the course a little, but i’m still somewhere in the 20’s] i always decorate the yard a little because my brother told me that it helps if there is something kind of comical to look at when you are running a marathon… i was lazy last night and didn’t put any thing out, so i got up this morning and hurried out there with a few things to slap at the edge of my yard. just as i got out there a wheelchair participant was coming around the corner! it was richard. he said ‘long time no see’ and i cheered him on ~ it was great timing!
33. i am a rabid usu aggie football fan… [see previous post about my editorial opinion on that, if you missed it].
34. santa fe, san diego and fish lake are my three favorite places on earth.
35. if you are old enough to remember “national tequila day” in logan, we are resurecting it this year. t-shirts will be available…. [we are older now and can afford a more discrimating brand of tequila, and we will be drinking out of shot glasses instead of swigging it out of the bottle] BUT we still could end up in jail.
THIRTY SIX!!! i enjoy reading comments, so if you visit and actually get through all these, say something dammit!
i can hear my neighbor cheering marathoners on ~ gotta go!
Read Full Post »